The Resource "They take our jobs!" : and 20 other myths about immigration, Aviva Chomsky
- "They take our jobs!" : and 20 other myths about immigration, Aviva Chomsky
- Title remainder
- and 20 other myths about immigration
- Statement of responsibility
- Aviva Chomsky
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references
- Carrier category
- Carrier category code
- Carrier MARC source
- Content category
- Content type code
- Content type MARC source
- Myth 5 : Immigrants are a drain on the economy
- Myth 6 : Immigrants send most of what they earn out of the country in the form of remittances
- pt. 2.
- Immigrants and the law
- Myth 7 : The rules apply to everyone, so new immigrants need to follow them just like immigrants in the past did
- Myth 8 : The country is being overrun by illegal immigrants
- Myth 9 : The United States has a generous refugee policy
- pt. 3.
- Immigration and race
- Myth 10 : The United States is a melting pot that has always welcomed immigrants from all over the world
- A note on terminology
- Myth 11 : Since we are all the descendants of immigrants here, we all start on equal footing
- Myth 12 : Today's immigrants threaten the national culture because they are not assimilating
- Myth 13 : Today's immigrants are not learning English, and bilingual education just adds to the problem
- pt. 1.
- Immigrants and the economy
- Myth 1 : Immigrants take American jobs
- Myth 2 : Immigrants compete with low-skilled workers and drive down wages
- Myth 3 : Unions oppose immigration because it harms the working class
- Myth 4 : Immigrants don't pay taxes
- Myth 17 : Immigration is a problem
- Myth 18 : Countries need to control who goes in and out
- Myth 19 : We need to protect our borders to prevent criminals and terrorists from entering the country
- Myth 20 : If people break our laws by immigrating illegally, they are criminals and should be deported
- Myth 21 : The problems this book raises are so huge that there's nothing we can do about them
- pt. 4.
- How have U.S. policies created immigration?
- Myth 14 : Immigrants only come here because they want to enjoy our higher standard of living
- Case study : the Philippines
- pt. 5.
- The debate at the turn of the millennium
- Myth 15 : The American public opposes immigration, and the debate in Congress reflects that
- Myth 16 : The overwhelming victory of Proposition 187 in California shows that the public opposes immigration
- Control code
- 22 cm
- xxvi, 236 pages
- Media category
- Media MARC source
- Media type code
- System control number
ContextContext of "They take our jobs!" : and 20 other myths about immigration, Aviva Chomsky
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance "They take our jobs!" : and 20 other myths about immigration, Aviva Chomsky
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.waubonsee.edu/resource/jSPOQmHmWLM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.waubonsee.edu/resource/jSPOQmHmWLM/">"They take our jobs!" : and 20 other myths about immigration, Aviva Chomsky</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.waubonsee.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.waubonsee.edu/">Waubonsee Community College</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Waubonsee Community College. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.